Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Kiddergarden


Remember this post? Jakey has been looking forward to this day ever since he was three, when he called it Kiddergarden. :) It's definitely a different feeling to be the parent instead of the teacher this year. I love it so far though.

I have to begin with a huge thank you to my mom. She drove all the way down to be a part of Jakey's first day and that means the world to me. So Adam and I were able to take Jacob to meet his teacher all by ourselves, which was awesome.

Here is Jacob at his kindergarten table, where his teacher had placed a little frog note with frog candies

We looked around the room a little...


Jacob is especially excited about the class pets...
In the gym, there was a table where kids could pick a free book
and ice cream! They really know how to make kinders happy here.

Jacob even picked a flower for his mommy on the way out

Then Adam and I took Jacob out to dinner with just the three of us. It was so nice that we didn't have to rush through dinner, as is always the case with three kids! There were no arguments over crayons, tantrums, trips to the bathroom, or spilled drinks. ;)

I tucked Jacob in bed and read this book. If you haven't read it, it is the cutest story! Mostly about how the parents had to be consoled on the first day of kindergarten, NOT the kids.

The next morning actually didn't go as smoothly as I had pictured. Jacob woke up with a bloody nose, which left a red trail from his bed all the way to the bathroom. It took me quite a few minutes to get it under control, so we were totally running late. Again, thank GOODNESS my mom was there. She made french toast while I hurried to dress Jacob and make sure everything was ready.

We managed to snap a few pictures before walking out to the bus, just as it was pulling up! Phew.


I drove to school to make sure Jacob got to his line alright. I'm so glad I did, because it was basically a free for all and he would've had NO idea what to do. Thankfully, I ran into a little girl in my class three years ago who happily offered to walk him to his line from now on. ;)

Jacob immediately found a little friend.

I peeked in his classroom and waved goodbye! No tears... I think mostly due to my adrenaline rushing all morning.

Jacob,

You asked me so long ago when you would go to kiddergarden, but I never thought it would happen this fast. Part of me was heartbroken to see my baby boy all grown up, but the other part is so grateful for kindergarten half-days! I am so proud of the obedient, thoughtful, loving boy you have become at such a young age. I will hold this special day forever in my heart... always remembering the huge smile on your glowing face as you bravely stepped on the school bus and into a whole new world. I can't wait to hear all of your Kindergarten stories and adventures.

Love you,

Mommy

(I knew the tears would come ;)

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

what an exciting time for the both of you! It looks like he makes friends easily and will have a great time in "Kiddergarden."